Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Sometimes

Sometimes life isn't crazy exciting moments. Sometimes days go by with nothing that anyone would classify as "exciting" happening. Sometimes it's full of ordinary stuff, uneventful.

But the truth is, there is so much joy to be found in the ordinary!

My heart has been full these last couple of days, for no particular reason at all. The ordinary is just so amazing to me. I marvel as I watch my little boy walk around the sunroom...how did he learn how to do that?


I stare into those beautiful eyes...
so thankful that I was given this most precious gift.


I hug him, and he hugs me back!

And sometimes, for no reason at all,
he comes over just to give me a kiss!

Really, does it get much better than this?


I watch the man I love care for our son...
he is such a wonderful father.


"Sometimes reality is so good,
it puts your dreams to shame."
~Anonymous~


I read this quote when we were still on the long journey to Matthew...and now I am living it!

7 comments:

Janet said...

Awe, such sweet photos AND words. I'm glad your heart has been so full lately...life is VERY good. :-)

Elizabeth Frick said...

LOVE days like these. The simple ones are the best!

Barry/ Amy said...

Great post!! Thank you for the reminder.....:)

Britt said...

Tis a great quote!!!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

You are so right. I love that quote!I think sometimes we live our lives in a holding pattern - waiting for the next big thing, when we really should be recognizing, like you are, that the next big thing is all the little amazing things we are living. :)

Leah said...

It's so wonderful to be able to enjoy just the everyday occurrences that life has to offer. There is so much beauty and happiness in the ordinary. :-D

BrandiB said...

Yes, a very blessed life filled with people you love! It's so important for all of us to remember that...great post!