Wednesday, March 24, 2010

{Six Months}

Six months ago today

this sweet little boy was placed in my arms

for the very first time.

And oh, how I loved him!

From that first moment I saw him, I loved him.

In an instant he became my son, my very own, a part of my heart.


These last six months have been so many things:

amazing

wonderful

overwhelming

joyful

challenging

Watching our little boy grow

is like unwrapping a new gift

every single day.


We have treasured every moment

and are so grateful for

six months

of hugs...


Six months of becoming the ones he reaches for...


Six months of dressing up for special occasions

(like being dedicated at church)...


...and dressing down

(for the pool!)


Six months of laughter...so much laughter!


At first it seemed like the journey was over;

We had arrived - we were parents at last!

But as the days go on, we learn the truth...



...the true journey was just beginning!

8 comments:

Britt said...

Beautiful!!! You have such a way with words! Words and Pictures! He's getting sooo old! That one picture - where he's standing up outside - soo cute... and then that little dedcation outfit - sooo handsome!

Jennie's babies are 6 months old today too!!!

Karen said...

I just got teary! Congratulations on 6 months as a family! I think you should write a book about your adoption journey; you have such a way with words. I love all the pictures...the hug with daddy, walking hand in hand, and the little outfit...just priceless!

Jenny said...

wow! i cannot believe it's been six months!!! so happy :-)

Barry/ Amy said...

Congrats!!! What an awesome post!!! Give Matthew a hug from us!!!

Elizabeth Frick said...

Happy 6 months!

Chaukie said...

Your little boy is adorable. Happy six months!

Tamara said...

I love your little boy!

Janet said...

Yay for 6 months of being home.
Cute photos! Lovely family!