Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Quack, Quack, Quack...

Yesterday afternoon I was in the kitchen when I suddenly heard quacking coming from the sunroom. Was it Matthew making a duck noise? Nope! Did a duck make its way into our house to play with us? Nope! I peeked my head around to look in and here is what I saw:


My mom got Matthew this adorable book that tells the story of a duck from the time it hatches until it grows up, and it has a button you can push to hear a realistic duck noise.

Matthew loves this book!

I try to read it to him but he just pushes the button over and over and over again to hear the quacking! It is so funny. I love that he found the book on his own and sat there entertaining himself with a duck noise :)

I think we'll have to go to the park soon to see some real live ducks!

6 comments:

BrandiB said...

How sweet is he! Grab a loaf of bread and let him feed them, that would probably make his day :-)

Janet said...

We saw ducks down at the lake today...Little D loves them! Cool book!

Kristin said...

we were walking today and saw two mallards....maybe we should take a walk together:)

Elizabeth Frick said...

super cute. though i was kinda hoping a duck had wandered into your house :)

Unknown said...

I am not exactly sure how you have managed to not eat him up yet because I am terribly tempted to come over and bite his cheeks off... gently and with love of course.

Rach@In His Hands said...

Oh, Matthew, you are SO adorable!

Si is also CRAZY about ducks. He sits in a blow-up duckie bathtub and quacks loudly the entire time. Funny stuff.