Wednesday, March 03, 2010

A Family of Three

Tomorrow we will be meeting with our social worker for our final post-placement visit! Matthew has been here a little over five months now, and soon we will be able to finalize our adoption. We could not be more excited to officially become a forever family :)

Before we adopted I was a little nervous thinking about the post-placement visits. What if I did something wrong while our social worker was visiting us? What if it was obvious that I wasn't super mom?? Well, now that we've had two of these visits I am no longer nervous (not because I am such a great mom, but because I know she is watching to see that we are caring for him and that he is adjusting okay). At the last visit, Matthew did a face plant into a toy and I wasn't able to catch him. I felt like mom of the year and nervously looked at our social worker to see if she was taking notes. She was great about it and I quickly stopped worrying!

Now I am just so excited for our social worker to see Matthew again! He has changed so much in the last two months, it is just incredible! His personality is blooming, he is active and engaging and learning so many new things that I just can't wait to show him off!

I'm so thankful that we are a family of three now :)



At each visit we have to give our social worker pictures.
I just love these ones!


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

absolutely great pictures!!!
what a lovely family you are!!
Mom (Nana)

Kala said...

What great family pictures!! He is totally adorable :)

Elizabeth Frick said...

Aw, the two boys together is adorable!

Barry/ Amy said...

Great fam pic!!! Good luck tomorrow!! You guys will do fantastic, you always do!!! So happy for you-- you are almost to the end of the process and ready to do it again!! :)

Angie B said...

that is great! sooo happy for you!!!! :)

everythingismeowsome said...

so cool that you will get to finalize soon! We just had our 3-month visit so we are close behind you!
Great pics!

Anonymous said...

The photos are beautiful. They show the love and happiness of your "family of three." However I am just a little prejudice.

Mom H.

Rachelle said...

Great pictures. We had our 6 month visit not that long ago... yes, they are a little nerve racking!

Leah said...

It will go great! I have no doubt! It's so obvious from reading your blog how much of a family you guys are. :-D

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

SO sweet! Very excited milestone.

Jenny said...

wow! it's hard to believe you've been home long enough to almost be done w/pp visits!!! yay!

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

awesome! Praise the Lord for your beautiful family :)
Love the pics!

Karen said...

You have such a beautiful family!! I love the pictures!