Today our little boy Nathan is one! Happy birthday, baby boy! We so wish he was here celebrating with us, but we are thankful that we can know his foster family is taking such good care of him. I thought that this would be "the day of the big pity party" but strangely enough I felt so happy all day long, knowing that one day we will be telling him about our party here and how we missed him so much. I am so thankful for this little boy and that God has brought him into our life to be our son.
When I told Matthew that today was Nathan's birthday, his response was "Cake!". Yep, this boy is learning lots of important things :) Of course we had to have a cake to celebrate Nathan's birth.
Brad's parents came over for dinner and cake. It was so good to be together and to know how much we are all looking forward to meeting Nathan. My parents are coming tomorrow, so...more cake! We seriously have the best families in the world - they are all so supportive and have opened their hearts up to our little guys without hesitation. We are so blessed!
As a special birthday treat, I thought it was time I at least showed off a tiny part of my baby's cuteness! So check out this head of hair - have you ever seen such awesome hair on a five-month-old?!?!?!?! I thought not!
I wish I could show you his whole face...absolutely gorgeous! For now that will have to wait. We are dreaming of the day when we meet Nathan and can finally become a family or four!
Happy Birthday, Nathan!!! We love you!!!!




13 comments:
Rachel I LOVE your blog posts!!! I'm SOO excited for you today that you got to enjoy today & not feel sad over not being with Nathan on his birthday. What a gift from God (Nathan & the feeling of Joy today!) I'm finding myself having too many pity parties lately instead of enjoying this time we have with our fosters (awaiting court decisions). Thanks for the awesome reminder to not have a pity party & to seek the joy in all things!
I am fearing missing Asher's first birthday, but I love your outlook on it. We should be very thankful that our babies are with such wonderful foster families. Happy Birthday Nathan and I hope that you are with your forever family soon!
Happy birthday, Nathan! And dude, your hair is AWESOME!!!!!
Happy birthday, Nathan!!!!!
Can't wait til you show off his sweet face, too, he's such a cutie!!!
Eek! I looooove the sneak peek at his hair! I hope you continue to spike it like that :)
I am so touched by your families taking part in your celebration of Nathan's birthday! What a beautiful thing.
And that cake looks awesome! Olive would be in love with all the sprinkles. :)
Jan 3rd is my Aiden's 1st birthday! I'm really hoping we'll be submitted for out EP this week, we'll see. Contrats on Nathan's 1st too! Can't wait to see his adorable picture! ;)
That hair is awesome!!! Happy birthday Nathan! :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATHAN!!!!!! What a great celebration!!! Nathan will be so grateful knowing that even when he was not with you physically on his birthday that you were carrying him in your hearts!!! Hugs to your at home family and to Nathan in Korea!!!!
Happy Birthday, Nathan!!! Your hair is AWESOME!
Oh, what a fun day of celebrating! It will be so cool to show the pics to Nathan someday!!! :) Happy Birthday Nathan!
So sweet! I am really glad that you were able to enjoy the day instead of be burdened with sadness!
Ahh I just love that you had a party for him! That is fantastic!
That last photo MADE MY DAY! Happy Birthday, little guy...with awesome hair! (Little D had next-to-none on top in his referral photo...so this peek at your little guy is CRACKING me up!). Love it!!
Post a Comment