It has been a long week around here...the "waiting ache" has set in! I was so thankful to not be too down on Nathan's birthday on Monday, and then suddenly on Tuesday - BAM! I was just so sad! The months ahead just stretch out before me and the not knowing when we will have him in our arms became almost unbearable. I feel like if I just knew how long it would be, maybe I could handle it better. But that's not the way it goes with adoption :) I have been so blessed with some amazing times with the Lord this week and I'm so grateful to be able to trust the One who sees the end of this journey!
Today was a good day as Brad and I were able to feel like we were doing something to help move the adoption process along - we went and had our fingerprints taken! I think this is about the seventh time I've had my fingerprints done (between adopting and being a Canadian married to an American, we have lots of experience with the immigration department here!). One more thing checked off the list!
Oh, and something else I finally checked off the list - I mailed Nathan's care package this week! I finally got myself in gear after someone asked me at our Mom's group on Tuesday, "Do you think Nathan got his care package yet?" and I had to sheepishly reply that I was fairly certain that he hadn't received it...since I hadn't mailed it yet! Oops! Well, it's on its way now :)
I have been so excited this week to see (on some of the adoption forums) that there is a lot of movement now that it's the new year and I am praying that we are able to travel much sooner than we think. We had been told about 9 months from our official acceptance...we're almost at 2 months waiting! So that puts us traveling maybe in September??!?! Sometimes that feels so long but I know it will be here before we know it!


4 comments:
I would LOVE for you guys to travel sooner than expected! There's no harm in hoping, right? :)
Oh I'm so hoping it's before Sept for you!
Praying things move as quickly as possible in adoption! Can't wait to see Nathan's sweet face and 2 brothers together!
Fingers crossed for September at the latest!!!! :)
Post a Comment