The countdown is on...12 days till I run my first 8k!
I am feeling really good about it and I've been working hard to get ready. Last week I ran on Monday (2.5 miles), Thursday (3.5 miles) and Saturday (4 miles). The only bad thing was that I had to run them all on the treadmill at the gym. It is so cold at the moment, but it's not really the cold keeping me inside, it's the ice. I have a hard enough time not falling down just running on pavement...ice and running just don't sound like a good combo to me! I'm hoping to get out in the next couple of days to get used to being outside again.
I have a 5 mile run on the schedule for this Saturday and then I should be ready to run the 8k (8k is just about 5 miles). I have no goal other than to finish the race (and to not fall on my face!).
And then...let the half marathon training begin!!!
Monday, January 24, 2011
Countdown to the 8k
Thoughts from Rachel at 5:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good luck to you!!!! :) What an awesome goal!!!!
you are an inspiration! :D
Post a Comment