Just because inquiring minds want to know, I will tell a little about bread sauce (although I can't really put into words the total yumminess).
You make it the night before your meal by mixing breadcrumbs, milk and margarine (I believe the word my Mom used when telling me how to make it was a "dob". Nice and precise!) in a saucepan on the stove. You take an onion that has cloves stuck in it and put it in the middle of the breadcrumbs while you heat it up. Once it is nice and soupy (but not too soupy...) you take it off the heat and let it cool, then put it in the fridge overnight. It soaks up all the yummy flavor of the onion and cloves, and the next day you take the onion out, add some more milk, heat it back up, and get it to this lovely pasty texture. Then you devour it as quickly as possible along with your chicken and veggies.
Does it sound even weirder than you thought?? :)
Thank you for all the Korean recipe suggestions! I will be looking them up and figuring out which ones Matthew can eat with his food allergies.
And now on to the main point of my blog post today...swim lessons.
Tomorrow is our last day! We have had a blast (for the most part) and Matthew has loved every minute of it (except when he was crabby and tired and teething). I just have one question, though:
Who in the world would put a baby swim class at NOON?
It is probably the worst time of day to have these little ones swimming. You either have to feed them super early, when they're not hungry, or wait until afterwards, when they're...asleep. Not the best time for swim lessons. Matthew's nap schedule has been crazy and he was a very unhappy boy today, so we ended up leaving early. At least it is nice and laid back and they don't mind if you need to leave part way through.
Today Matthew went off the diving board! And by "went off" I mean he was lowered down from it from one lifeguard to another without making any splash at all :) He loved it and wanted more! My sister came today and took some pictures for me...here is the only one I am willing to post on the internet:

We are loving summer!

1 comments:
Um... that bread sauce? sounds. AWESOME!!! Noon is a terrible time for baby swim lessons. Sigh... when will people learn?
Post a Comment