I feel like this weekend started last Wednesday, when Matthew came down with a fever, and just will not end. The poor little boy has been feeling rotten and we found out Friday he has an ear infection. Saturday was miserable and his fever got up to 103, and the medicine didn't get a chance to kick in since he threw it all up. On me. Do I sound like I'm whining? Maybe a little :)
Yesterday his fever finally went away and he seemed a bit more like himself. Nights are just the worst still, with him waking up 4 times last night. Nights with a sick baby are absolutely my least favorite thing about parenthood. It is so hard to see them feeling so awful and to not be able to fix it. Plus there is the tiredness...that's no fun either.
I'm thankful that he seems to be improving a bit and can't wait for the crankiness to disappear as well. I'm ready for a new week with a little boy who is feeling good!
Some good news from Friday...Brad and I were able to visit our doctor to get our medical forms filled out for the adoption! Making progress...

5 comments:
Feel better soon! Both of you!!!
So sorry for you all! Looking back, whenever Sydney wasn't sleeping through the night, she had an ear infection. Try propping up one end of his mattress when he sleeps...ear infections can be more painful when laying flat.
Hooray for your medical forms being completed!!! I thought they would be the death of me when we were adopting Jackson!!!
Oh boy. :( I am so sorry - and yes I agree, l o n g nights with a sick little one are very rough. Praying for better days and sleep filled nights very soon friend.
Hope Matthew is feeling better soon!!! Poor little guy :(
WOOHOO on the adoption progress!!!!
Feel better, poor little Matthew (and you too for getting no sleep)! Congrats on the paperwork progress!!
Post a Comment