Monday, July 19, 2010

Hello Monday...I'm Glad to See You!

First of all let me say THANK YOU for your thoughtful comments and for the idea to prop up the mattress - we got 12 hours of sleep last night! I was so thankful when I woke up this morning at 8am and realized he had slept through. It makes me feel like a new person!

Matthew seems a bit better today and we'll be starting him on a new antibiotic today, so hopefully that will help with the tummy troubles he's been having. He is still pretty clingy today but not screaming, so I'll take it :)

The weekend was pretty rough and we didn't leave the house much, but Brad and I both managed to go running which was a nice break. We are toying with the idea of running a 1/2 marathon in October (well, I am toying with the idea and trying to convince Brad to run it too!) and we started the training program for that this week. We both ran 30 minutes on Tuesday and Thursday and then 2 miles on Saturday. I was excited that my 2 mile run was done in 19 minutes and 36 seconds...faster than I used to be for sure. Brad and I have been taking turns going after Matthew goes to bed, so we don't run together, but that is okay since he is way faster than me anyway!

I think I'll leave you with some Korean cuteness...last week we got to meet some new friends who recently adopted a beautiful little girl from Korea. Seeing her got me thinking, maybe a little girl wouldn't be so bad... :)

6 comments:

Barry/ Amy said...

Glad you are on the upswing of sickness. :)

They both are of total cuteness!!! Love the pic!!!

Jill said...

Glad to hear things sound like they are heading in a more positive direction!

LOVE the pic! It doesn't get any cuter than that!!!

Elizabeth Frick said...

Glad your little man is feeling better.
And bravo to you for taking on the challenge of a 1/2 marathon!

Megan said...

Cutest picture ever!!! I missed a couple of days, I will have to catch up. Hope Matthew continues to get better!

Britt said...

That is sooo cute!

kelly said...

Such cuteness, those two!!! Glad things are better and good luck with the training!