After a day at home with a sick child, I'm afraid all I can manage are some bullet points and a silly picture of my dog :)
- Matthew woke up with a fever so we didn't make it to swim lessons today. I was sad to miss it but secretly happy that I didn't have to pack up all our stuff to go to the pool again.
- I was able to get to the eye doctor's this afternoon to pick out glasses...which is seriously hard to do when you are a person who can't see clearly past a couple of inches without glasses. I can never tell what they look like and have to press my nose up to the mirror, which makes it hard to tell which ones look good. Thankfully they let me bring a couple of pairs home so that Brad could tell me his opinion. And so that we could try them on the dog. I think she looks rather dashing...

- Our adoption paperwork is coming along sloooooooowwwwwly. I could write a whole post about how weird I am finding it to be in the process again, and the struggle I'm having with getting started, and the internal conflict I've been going through as I see hundreds of kids who are waiting for a home because of a special need or because of their age...but suffice it to say I think I have resolved most of the strange feelings and feel ready to move forward. I am excited to see where the Lord takes us with this adoption!
- Today was one of the hottest days of the year and we had chili for dinner. Why did we do that? So many deep questions.
- I need to go for a run tonight, but due to the fact that it is still super hot and I had chili for dinner...it's looking doubtful!

4 comments:
heat + chili + running = disaster!!
chili??? seriously??? weirdo.
Your post totally cracks me up :)
:dashing"...lol!! You're too funny!
Post a Comment