Monday, November 09, 2009

Little Matthew Had a Farm...


E-I-E-I-O!


And on that farm he had some DROOL...



E-I-E-I-O!


Matthew loves to play with his farm! Mostly he just loves to chew on the animals...or the fence...or the people...anything, really! He has been such a happy guy the last few days and it it wonderful. All smiles all the time!

I feel like he is bonding with us so well and seems to be feeling more and more secure and at home, which is so great to see. He used to reach his arms out to everyone who came near...but not anymore! We have been pretty strict about just us and our family holding him in these early days, and I think that has helped so much as Matthew has adjusted to his new life. Now when people come close to talk to him, he clings to my shoulder and buries his head in my neck. It is so good to see him knowing who his mommy is and wanting to be with me (he does the same thing with Brad as well, which is so great!). He has started showing us affection, giving us hugs and sloppy, drooly, open-mouthed kisses that are TO DIE FOR! They seriously make this mama's heart melt every time :)

We were very worried about how the sleeping would go, but thankfully it went much better than we expected from the very beginning. He is pretty much sleeping through the night and is finally taking two good naps during the day. I think that has helped his mood a lot (and mine!).

Our days are filled with playing and crawling and walks outside and cuddles and giggling and lots and lots of kisses! We just love him so much and wonder what we ever did without him!

*Some friends we met through our agency are at the airport RIGHT NOW meeting their little boy for the first time! They received their referral the exact same day that we received Matthew's but unfortunately they had to wait over a month longer to bring him home. Thankfully, today is their day and they are becoming a forever family as I type this! I am so excited for you, Kelly! Congratulations! *

6 comments:

Janet said...

Our little guy loves to chew on his farm accessories as well...especially the cow, the fences, and the tractor. Yummy! Sounds like things are going great. Isn't it wonderful...especially open-mouth sloppy kisses. I love them too, especially because laughter comes with them.

Rachelle said...

Glad things are going so well! MAtthew makes a great farmer! :)

Leah said...

It's so wonderful that you guys have had a good bonding experience. So precious how attached Matthew is to you guys already. :-D

Anonymous said...

I just love these photo's!
mom

Marcie said...

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love finding new blogs to read that I can relate to. Your son is beautiful. I love the classic farm. I remember it from my own childhood. Now I know what to get our boy for Christmas.
I'm glad your adjustment is going so well. I cannot wait until we get sloppy kisses and hugs. I also can't wait until naps are longer and more consistent. You give me hope!

BrandiB said...

He is so sweet! BTW, you have a blog award on my blog :-)

http://byerscrossroads.blogspot.com/