Last night Brad and I got to go out alone for the first time since Matthew came home! Unfortunately, our evening out could not really be described as a "romantic date" or anything to close to it, but strangely enough I am thankful for the time we had together anyway...even if it was spent in the ER!
It was a very strange night indeed. Around 9pm I started coughing and it was really weird, because I haven't been sick or anything but all of a sudden I had this cough and couldn't stop. (This part is a little gross - just a warning in case you are squeemish!) About half an hour later, I thought I had coughed something up so I went to spit in the sink, and found that I had coughed up blood. Needless to say this kind of freaked me out a bit. It happened about 3 or 4 more times, at which point we realized we probably needed to do something.
My solution was I needed to call my mom. That's my answer to everything! Cause she could fix it from Canada, right????
Brad suggested the hospital. I was kind of out of it but thought if he thought that's what we should do, then maybe we should go. We are so glad my sister lives really close by, so she came over to stay with Matthew (who was in bed).
We returned home around 1:30am with no real answers about why it happened, but at least we got to spend a few hours together talking! Today we are both pretty beat...apparently nobody told Matthew we were at the hospital till really late and he woke up extra early just for fun. Still, it's hard to be upset that you get to see this little guy again, no matter what time of day it is!

8 comments:
yikes! i'm glad you're ok. and yes, that counts as a date ;)
That doesn't sound fun--I hope you feel better and the coughing doesn't return. Maybe Matthew will sleep in nice and late for you tomorrow! :)
Oh my! I hope it was just some crazy thing that never ever happens again! Not the date of course, the cough. The ER is not the first place I would pick for a date, but you do get to sit and do nothing, so it definitely makes the list (just not anywhere near the top).
Hope you're feeling much better! What a scare!
did you google it? don't. i do, and then i start thinking I have leprosy or something. bad idea that google.
That sounds aweful!
Oh my that sounds scarey. I hope your feeling much better. Sad to say ..I would not classify that as a date, or at least not a romantic date...unless he brought you flowers!! But I guess we sometimes take what we can get huh..:-)
Hope your feeling better. When I was so sick in China I also had the blood! FREAKED ME OUT! It's hard to be a sick Mama.
Post a Comment