Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Simple Things

This weekend Brad and I had planned to take a motorcycle trip over to Lake Michigan, but due to weather conditions and the fact that I am a big baby and can't ride on the motorcycle if it is under 70 degrees, we decided not to do that this weekend. Soon though we hope!


We were brainstorming about what we could do that would not involve money or driving (because of gas prices), which limited our possibilities quite a bit! It turned out to be a lovely weekend though. We had dinner with our friends Chad and Rachel and their girls on Friday night, and spent the day on Saturday at a nearby park with Sadie. We packed a picnic lunch, took a very long walk, then sat and enjoyed the sunshine while eating our lunch. The sky was perfectly blue and it was a gorgeous day (although a little chilly). On Sunday we watched the race with Chad and Rachel and then I had a youth event which was really fun. Overall it was a great weekend and I was reminded once again that life is so good!


Here are a few pictures from the park trip:




Here are a couple of pictures that made me laugh out loud when I downloaded the pictures from the camera. At first I was like "What IS that???" and then I remembered that Brad was trying out the supermacro setting on the camera and figured out that it was a mushroom thing on a tree trunk! Looks kind of gross though!



And then I came to this one...thanks, hon! Apparently I should have put on more make-up or fixed my hair so that I could have made it into the picture!


4 comments:

Joshua said...

That last picture is hilarious!

Megan said...

That is so funny! The new pic at the top is great though.

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

The mushroom is absolutely beautiful! :)

Kristy said...

The last picture....it was a great one of Sadie!!