Whew! I am back from our youth camp, and after sleeping till noon on Monday I think I am recovered from it! The weekend was fabulous and I am so glad I went. We had over 35 kids and 10 or 11 leaders, and we just had so much fun.
Highlights from the weekend:
-Getting to know the students better
-Our talent competition, where I found out many interesting things about different people in the group (and for anyone that knows Tamara, you may want to ask to see "Goat Face" the next time you see her!!!)
-Playing capture the flag and having no idea where the boundaries were or what I was supposed to do!
-Watching some crazy kids run into the lake (and promptly run back out because it was freezing!) and realizing that I have switched over from BEING one of those crazy to kids to thinking they are crazy!
-Quality time getting to know the other leaders
-Realizing once again how desperately I need God's grace

This weekend's theme was Christian fellowship, and we talked about what it really means to have shared life with other Christians. It was great to see the students building deeper relationships with each other, and to be reminded that we do not have to walk through life alone. I am so blessed to be part of this youth group! And to think I used to be so scared of teenagers!


3 comments:
Bless you for serving God this way! I'm still a little bit scared of teenagers...:) I'm so glad things went well!
Are you kidding me?!?!?! Go check out my blog. We posted the SAME pictures! :) HA!
BTW, what are you talking about? Goat face? You must have had a dream or something...
Hahaha, you made me think back to that crazy day were we (being the crazy kids) decided to swim across the horrible pond/creek thing on a retreat...was that at Paisley...I can't remember now but I assure you that you would not find me doing that these days (well, maybe if the money was right!)
Post a Comment