I am back from my fabulous visit to Canada and I had a very enjoyable weekend with family and friends. While I was there, I got to see some really neat things that my dad had discovered when he was sorting through some of my Grandpa's things...I love history and thought they were pretty cool discoveries! The first thing he found was this old certificate that was given to my great-grandfather around the time of the First World War. That is pretty cool in itself, but what got me really excited was to see that this certificate was signed by WINSTON CHURCHILL!!! I don't know if you can really see it in the pictures I took of the certificate, but I thought that was really cool.
(This is a picture of my Great-Grandfather)

The second interesting discovery came when I was sorting through a bunch of pictures that my grandpa had taken during his lifetime. I came across the picture on the left and just gasped - it is a picture of my dad when he was about two years old, but it looks EXACTLY like my little sister Sarah did when she was that age! I could not believe how alike they looked!
And I must conclude my blog with another little piece of history...an embarassing piece! Here is a picture of me when I was 12 or 13...don't you love the glasses?!?!
There were other pictures taken during the days of braces and a horrific perm, but I don't think I will scare you with those!



4 comments:
I had almost the same glasses at that age! I think your grandpa's stuff is very cool!
Rachel,
I'm glad you popped over to my blog and said hello! I'm guilty of reading yours for months and never leaving a comment!! :) So, "HI!", I read your blog too!! great pictures. Family history is awesome.
I love your pieces of history (especially the last piece of course)!
Now there is a Rachel I do recognize - it wasn't long after that pic that we started hanging out if I do remember correctly. That was about the time of my second perm (really, how did I do that twice!?) Melissa
Post a Comment