Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Gobble Gobble BANG!

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not a big fan of hunting. I don't want to see something alive when I am going to eat it later. But I must admit, I was more than a little proud of Brad yesterday when he called to tell me that he had shot his first turkey! Turkey hunting season opened yesterday, and Brad went out with two of his buddies from work. He called me before 9am to tell me he had got one, and that it was a big one! He has been deer hunting before but I must admit that I was never too thrilled about the thought of eating a deer. They just have such sweet faces! Anyway, he came home empty-handed from those hunting trips. I was more excited to hear he was going turkey hunting, I guess because it is something I am more used to eating. I loved how excited he was about it. I hope this picture isn't too gross for anyone. I figured if I could stomach it, it was probably not too bad!

Way to go, Brad!

5 comments:

Melissa B. said...

Really, are you going to eat that? Do you prepare it yourself or does someone else do the dirty work. Can't say I regret being a vegetarian!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Great title! Congrats go out to your hubby!

Rachel said...

Very cool! Way to go Brad. Did he use Chad's Turkey call? Hear Turkey, Turkey, Turkey!

Kristy said...

Congrats to Brad. I will pass along the news to Curt. He will love it. I don't think he's ever been turkey hunting.

Joshua said...

Brad is so awesome! He got a turkey so quick! :)
Tell us how you prepare it. Are we all coming over for a mock Thanksgiving? :)