Sunday, January 01, 2012

Boys

It's been a fun few days around here! Brad has been off since Thursday and it is so relaxing to all be home together. We are still battling constant sickness - I forgot how Matthew caught everything his first winter home, and I think poor Nathan is also experiencing that. We have almost finished our 6-pack of Kleenexes in just over a week!

Matthew is also a little sicky at the moment. After seeing an ENT (ear, nose, throat doctor) on Friday we were told he has a chronic sinus infection (it has been almost two months) and will probably need to have his tonsils and adenoids removed :( He's on antibiotics again because they can't do the surgery with how sick he is right now, and we will go back to talk with the ENT again at the end of January. I am really hoping we can get him feeling better soon. He has been miserable lately and last night woke up in the middle of the night crying and saying, "I feel terrible, Mama!". Except it was "tewibble" which is even more sad!

It's been really funny lately realizing that I am mom to two little boys. I mean, I did know, but it's funny to realize that little boys are very different than little girls! I come from a family of three girls, so this is all new territory for me! Matthew is entering a "make it crash" phase where everything he plays with has to crash into something else. Very little boy-ish! I always thought I wanted girls, but boys are so much fun too! In fact, people ask me a lot if we want a girl next, but I will be just as happy to have another boy. With so much cuteness, how could I not???


Nathan is turning into quite the snuggler these days. When he first arrived, he wouldn't even let us give him a bottle. Then, after a few days, he would take one but only sitting facing away from us on our lap. He never relaxed into us while he drank it. But just look at him now - this picture is from my birthday, and for the best birthday present ever, he actually gave me a kiss without me asking!


My sister got the boys these adorable and hilarious hats while she was in Scotland recently. Nathan was reluctant to keep it on, until he saw Matthew sitting with his on, posing for the camera! Suddenly he was all smiles! It is fun to see the boys rubbing off on each other (in a positive way).


Life is settling down so much and it is wonderful. We are having so much fun together and life is really getting easier. I love being mommy to these two precious boys!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

oh my gosh! Can I please do a photo shoot with those cute boys and cute hats?

Rachel said...

Kristen - YES and YES!!!!! I was just thinking the other day how much I miss seeing you and Caleb. He is getting SO big! Maybe we can hang out sometime???