Thursday, January 05, 2012

What They're Into

As I typed that title, I thought to myself, "Hmm...what aren't they into these days???"

Yes, these two little fellas sure do keep me busy! They are busy guys (as they should be!) who love to explore. It is amazing to see them continue to develop and grow.

One of my favorite things is the way Matthew's imagination is coming alive. He has a new favorite game to play, and surprise surprise, it is about trains :) He likes to pretend that his bed is a train and he always wants to take me to the beach on the train. This is where the sibling thing comes in very handy - all I had to do was suggest that Nathan might like to go along and ta-da! I didn't have to ride on the train every five minutes any more! Nathan loves this game, and they both get on their beds, pile up stuffed animals (the passengers, of course) and pretend they're on their trains! And of course they always have to wear their conductor hats!

Other favorite games at the moment:

A new fishing game from Nana and Papa this Christmas



Mr. Potato Head from Brad's parents (or, as Matthew calls him, "Mr. Potato Chip")


And here is what they want to play all the livelong day. Stinky and Monkey Stinky (their two beloved blanket toys) talk to each other, dance, sing songs...and they always want me to be their voice. Some days I think if Matthew asks me one more time, "What is Stinky saying?" I might lose my mind! But it is so cute to see how much they both love their blankets.


This next picture doesn't show the toy at all, but it was so cute I couldn't leave it out :) Nathan is holding this egg that came with a little toaster we got him for Christmas. It was one of the biggest hits with the boys. It is in two parts and has velcro so they can pretend cut it apart. They do it over and over and over again...


Another favorite toy is this bead sequencing toy. They put the pegs in and then put beads on. When they get older they will be able to follow the included boards that show them different patterns for how to put the beads on. Right now it is just for fun and good for hand/eye coordination, too. And of course for learning how to share :)


I am enjoying having new toys so much! We have a ton all at once because of Matthew's birthday, Christmas, family celebrations, and Nathan's birthday (all in one month!!!). It has been great to have new stuff to keep the boys' attention and they have been playing so well together for the last couple of weeks. I can even *gasp* leave the room to do housework! Amazing!!!! Thank you, new toys!

0 comments: