Monday, January 23, 2012

So Much to Be Happy About

The days continue to fly by and I am loving life with two little boys. Matthew keeps me laughing all day long with the hilarious things he says, and Nathan is becoming really vocal and is able to let us know what he wants now (and believe me, he really lets us know!). I may just have to post a video of him saying/shouting his new favorite word - NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

The boys have been working on some new skills:

Like somersaults...


Eating (Mexican food) with chopsticks (a friend got us this great set of Pororo training chopsticks)...


Nathan has had an upset tummy for over a week now and our sleep is back to being pretty interrupted, but I feel like no matter how bad nights are now they don't come close to being as terrible as they were those first few months after Nathan came home. This actually really helps me not be too crabby even when we've been up a ton in the night. I have realized what a short phase of life this really is and I know one day I'll miss having little ones to cuddle with at night.

Something else making us happy today - Matthew had an MRI and it went really, really well. It was his first time being sedated and we weren't sure how he'd do, but he was so brave and only cried when he saw us coming to him in recovery. I was so proud of my little guy!



We don't have the results of the MRI yet but we know at least that there's nothing really bad going on, which is a relief for sure. After hearing Matthew say almost every hour for the last three months that his head hurts we were starting to wonder what is going on. We think now that it is probably sinus stuff (we see the ENT again on Friday to hopefully get this stuff taken care of soon).

We are so thankful to see this precious smile every day :)



How about these studly brothers??? I am learning that I can get them to pose for pictures and smile for me...as long as I have licorice! Or, as Matthew likes to call it, "RICOLICE!"

4 comments:

Kala said...

Love to see your boys together. I'm so glad that things are better. And they are good looking boys!

Tanya said...

They are adorable! And, I'm so glad to hear things are going well.

K&M said...

Studly, for sure! Bring on the "RICOLICE". Such precious boys you have!!

Tamara said...

Praying that you find a fix for Matthew's headaches!
I really love reading your blog my friend!