It is one of those things that isn't really a big deal, but for some reason it just kind of is.
The time has come, and last night we officially said good-bye to bottles.
*sigh*
I know that most kids are done with bottles much sooner (Matthew was just over one I think), but when Nathan came home he was still taking about 4 a day. Our pediatrician was so wonderful about it and encouraged us to keep that during his transition (I would have anyway, but it was nice to have her support!). At Nathan's 2-year check-up this week, though, she suggested it was probably time to let that go. We agreed, and have been working towards that, but I still had a moment of "My baby is growing up!".
I remember how at first he wouldn't even let us give him one. Slowly but surely we won his trust, and even got to the point where he would run to us as soon as he got his bottle yelling, "Mama!" or "Dada!". He just wanted to be held and snuggled! Amazing.
So, we kept the bottles around to help with bonding. The wonderful news is that we feel that our bonding and attachment with Nathan is going really, really well. The sad news is that it's time to move on from bottles.
Thankfully, we can keep the holding and snuggling part :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment