Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Little Bit of This, Little Bit of That

We are having a great week so far! The boys have slept through the nice twice this week and when they do wake up they are easy to get back to sleep! YEY! I wasn't sure we'd ever make it to this point but I am loving it and appreciating it so much :)

I am still running and had a great four mile run yesterday. In two weeks I will be running an 8k race, not worrying about the time but just aiming to run the whole thing. I am feeling pretty good about it and glad to have the energy to be back out there again!

I am so. stinking. excited. about going to Korea. Seriously, I still can't believe it. We really kept saying ,"Is this real? Are we being scammed?" But we got the paperwork, and it's from a major, huge company, and it's for real. Crazy! We are hoping to go in the Fall and I just cannot wait. This gives me some time to do a few things:

1. Learn to use chopsticks

2. Learn at least some basic Korean (I know a few phrases but would love to know more). We'll see how that goes!

The boys are doing well, no sickness at the moment and Matthew's sinus stuff seems to be clearing up finally (so thankful about that!). We have had a few doctors appointments coming up for Matthew and hopefully we can have him nice and healthy very soon :)

One of my favorite things lately is seeing the boys playing together or even just being together. Nathan absolutely adores his older brother and Matthew is starting to see just how fun it can be to have a younger brother. Many times throughout the day I find the boys sitting together (so close together it's hilarious!) and I just smile.




It is hard for the boys to learn how to share (as it is for all kids) but it is amazing to see glimpses of them actually learning it! When they willingly give each other toys or are genuinely happy to share something with each other it is so great. There are many challenges in parenting but also so many joys! Seeing my boys learn to love each other is one of my favorite things ever.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I was reading this with Caleb and he exclaimed..."Maffew, maffew, maffew, nafun, nafun. " I think we need to see you guys soon!

Rachel said...

So glad you are finally at this point. Love you!

Yvonne said...

Each of our trips to Korea were in the fall and it is a gorgeous time to be there. I'm so excited for you and Brad that you will be going! If you would like a fun way to learn a few Korean words, KWOW (korean word of the week) on youtube has been great. You won't learn the whole language, but we can do a word or two at a time! And chopsticks! Yes! And if you don't learn before going over, maybe you too will have a very nice Korean lady laughing/smiling next to you during your first meal in Korea that teaches you how to use the metal utensils in our children's birthland. While the lady was amused by us, she was a good teacher and we were able to eat that week! :)

Wendy said...

Yay for good runs!

Love all these pictures - they are adorable!

Tamara said...

So cute! They really are sitting right on top of eachother!!! :)