This weekend was one of the best I've had in a long time!
My parents came for a visit, and not only was it so great to see them, but they occupied the boys for hours on end! I can't tell you how great that was (for us and for the boys!). Matthew and Nathan are blessed with two sets of amazing grandparents and it is such a joy for us to see them together!
Nathan has been a happy boy lately! He has the best smile and is learning and changing so much every day. This week he started saying, "Hi!", "Ball", and "More". I love hearing his sweet little voice and I can't believe how quickly he is picking up language now. We go back to the audiologist on Thursday where he will be fitted with ear-level hearing aids (I think that's what they're called - he will have a molded piece in his ear and the hearing aid goes over his ear). This will just be a trial to see if they work better for him than the BAHA.

My Little Mister Matthew and I (who I should start calling my BIG Mister Matthew - when did he get so tall and so heavy????) spent the morning at the allergist today. It was time for him to be retested, and although I was praying that he would have outgrown at least one of his food allergies, the skin test showed he is still allergic to eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, dogs, and milk (last time the skin test didn't show up for milk but we figured it out from some reactions he had). I must admit I was disappointed to see the little bumps appear where they had placed the allergens on his arms, but really nothing has changed so there's nothing for me to be all that upset about. Having a child without food allergies has shown me a little more the challenges we face in dealing with Matthew's allergies - it is just so easy to be able to give Nathan anything, to take him to any restaurant without worrying if we will find safe food. And yet it is not really a big deal in light of the challenges so many other families face, so I'll try not to complain about it any more :)
Matthew is sporting his new haircut, and looking pretty spiffy if I do say so myself :) He's been a much happier boy the last few days as we are finally conquering some of the sleep issues we have had with him for the last several months. We are all getting more sleep now and so we are all much happier :)
This is my favorite picture of the two boys together. We've been seeing so many more smiles from them both and it just makes my heart so happy. I am one blessed mama to get to see these two gorgeous faces every single day!

0 comments:
Post a Comment