Saturday, October 15, 2011

Hopeful

Today it feels like a refreshing breeze is blowing through my soul. There is nothing different or better about today - things are pretty much the same here. I was up with Matthew for several hours last night as he was throwing up again. Two weeks of this stuff and no end in sight. There is no reason I should feel encouraged, but I do. No reason beyond answered prayers, that is. This season of my life has brought me to my knees in a whole new way, as I slowly realize there is only One who can make a difference in my life right now. Nobody else can fix this, nobody can take away the difficulties or ease my heartache except Jesus. When I turn it over to Him, there is peace. The situation doesn't necessarily change, but my heart does.

"He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake." Psalm 23:3

Today I know that I will make it through this difficult season of my life and I will be able to say with confidence that God was faithful in every moment. I will make it through, and I will know more about His love, more about His goodness, more about Him. That will make this all worth it.

Want to see a few pictures that just make me smile?

This man of mine makes me smile so much :) This has not been an easy season for our marriage, but he is the love of my life and the best Daddy to these little boys and I am so grateful for him. The weekends are so great just because he is around.


I hope Matthew's smile returns soon...it is such a great smile!





Two little boys out for a walk. Getting out of the house is the only way I keep my sanity some days!


Playing in the leaves. Fall is my favorite time of year!


Another favorite - reading books! Nathan is starting to really get interested in books and now that he can hear his attention span is so much longer. I love that he doesn't want to just sit by you - he wants to be as close as humanly possible to you!!! Such a snuggler :)


Nathan loves shoes! He is always putting on my shoes (or slippers) or Brad's shoes and walking around in them with a huge smile on his face. So funny!


Nathan and I have been able to spend quite a bit of one on one time together these last few days since Matthew's been sick. When Brad gets home Nathan and I head out to the store or something for a little while and it has been so good for us to be alone together. He has been all smiles the last few days and I really feel like we are connecting at long last. Another wonderful answer to prayer! We have a long way to go but we will get there, together.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Just wanted to say hi from Canada and let you know I'm enjoying your blog. I'm not exactly sure how I stumbled upon your link, but I have two boys as well. Our oldest is almost 3.5 yrs and was adopted from S. Korea. Glad to hear things are going a little better these days. I've found myself empathizing with many of your experiences/emotions that you share.

Rachel said...

So glad your are seeing some sunshine in your days. Love you!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I'm praying for you, friend. I love hearing how God is working in your heart... bringing comfort and peace.

Leah said...

So sorry to hear Matthew has been sick. I know (in my own way of course) how hard this transition is. I hope your journey continues to get easier, but it's wonderful that you can hope, even during the difficult days.