I keep feeling like I must be dreaming, and any day I will wake up and find myself back in the difficult fog that has been my life for the last four months. For suddenly, the fog has lifted and the sun is shining! This beautiful turn around could only be an answer to prayer and I am so grateful.
Not much has changed around here, but everything has changed. Nathan and I have finally clicked (not sure how to express this exactly) and we are truly Mother and Son now. I am his mom in the I-can't-live-without-him kind of way at long last. I must admit, I wondered if it would ever be that way. It has been a long haul but now my days are filled with moments of wonder as I look at my two amazing little boys in awe of what God has done.
The boys are finally both healthy (hip hip hooray as we say around here!) and we have had a fun week so far. We are still struggling with sleep but last night was, dare I say it, extremely good. The boys are sharing a room, both sleeping in toddler beds, and I experiencing something I have dreamed of for ages - sleeping back in my own bed!! Most nights I am still up frequently with Little Mister Matthew who is driving me crazy by waking up a ton of times screaming. But last night was a special treat and I only had to climb out of bed once! I hope that trend continues :)
Since we are up between 5:30am and 6:30am each day the mornings have been feeling very, very long. I have found some great blogs with activities and ideas for things to do with the boys. The mornings go much more smoothly, the boys are interested and learning new things, and we have a lot more fun together now.
Nathan doing some felt puzzles
We've been enjoying these last few days of Fall so much!
This may not seem like a big deal but trust me,
the fact that the boys are playing so close together
and Matthew is not screaming is MAJOR!
Nathan loves a new toy we recently got called "Wedgits".
He loves to build!
We have been doing a lot of sorting by color
and Matthew really enjoys our PopCubes

3 comments:
WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!! Now your months will just keep getting brighter!!! :) I remember that fog and it is wonderful once it lifts!!! :)
YAY!!!!! Rachel SOOOOO happy for you guys!!!!! I so enjoy your blog :) please keep writing!!
This is such good news Rachel. Prayer is wonderful, and I know many have held you up in prayer. :) I still am.
Post a Comment