Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Sad Little Sicky

Our house has been full of sickness for three weeks...it kind of feels like THREE MONTHS!

When my poor little Matthew gets a sickness that makes a normal person sick for two or three days, he manages to stretch it out into a three week long sickness extravaganza! We have been to the doctor three times this month, the first two times being sent home with the "It's just a virus" statement. Yikes, that was not worth my $25 co-pay! So even though Matthew was up again today at 4am being sick, I kind of hesitated to take him in. I didn't want to be "that mom" who overreacts to things, but I was feeling like he was just too sick for this to be a virus.

I mean, he was even falling asleep on the couch (which he never does)


And the floor (which he never, ever does)


As a side note, yes his hand is stuck in his pants...little buddy gets super itchy when he's sick! So funny, and so sad!

Anyways, so I took him back in again and found out that he has ear infections in both ears and probably has strep throat :( I am relieved to know what's been going on with him and thankful to be able to do something to help him at last.

Cause I have missed this smile:


I'm feeling pretty optimistic that happier days are ahead. My Mom is here to help me this week which is so great. Nathan and I are finally finding our groove...that little boy has found his way into my heart and I am actually really thankful for these last few difficult weeks because of all the one-on-one time I've been able to spend with Nathan. I really needed that. Plus, after how difficult October has been, I am just SURE that November is going to seem fabulous :)

0 comments: