Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What We've Been Up To

It seems that I have forgotten how to blog! Actually, I've just been feeling lazy lately and haven't wanted to upload photos from my camera. Here's what we've been up to over the last week:
  • Celebrating Mother's Day in a whole new way than the last few years! My heart overflowed at church as I looked back at the last few years and remembered how difficult this day had been in the past. I'm counting my blessings and am thankful for this little boy every single day.

  • Battling sickness :( Matthew spent the weekend with a fever and feeling pretty crummy. Thankfully he is much better now!
  • Spending time with family - always fun! Matthew's cousin Ben always wants to hug and kiss him (it is so adorable!) but usually Matthew is a little uncertain about this. This weekend he seemed ready to finally show some affection (or at least to let Ben show him some!)

  • Running: I ran 3 miles on Sunday and 3 miles again last night - I'm feeling ready for my 5k race on Friday ("ready" meaning I should be able to finish it, not "ready" I'm going to win!)
  • Talking and Praying...about adoption #2 :)
  • Spending time at home, relaxing, cuddling, and doing not much of anything!

I know, I know, aren't you glad you glad
you checked in for this exciting update?

10 comments:

Barry/ Amy said...

Let's get moving on this adoption #2 thing!! :) Nice post-- it is always nice to see Matthew's smiling face! :)

Stacy said...

So happy for you on your first Mother's Day!!! Congratulations! Just think in a few years, Matthew might put a rubber snake in your vase of Roses on Mother's Day...just because he loves you and wants to see you squirm!!!!! We will be praying for you for adoption #2 as you pray and discuss!!!

Elizabeth Frick said...

It's a great update! Way to go on the running!!!

Leah said...

It was an exciting update. :) So exciting that you are talking about adoption #2. I hope if you decide to go that route you blog about it. Nothing makes me happier than seeing parents placed with their child. It's the best thing ever. :)

Kala said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day! I can't wait to hear more about adoption #2!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Have fun at the 5K race! And thinking about adopting again! : )

Jenny said...

i bet mother's day was much better than last year's!!! and loving this "adoption #2" thing :-)

Janet said...

Good update. GREAT photos.
I'm glad Matthew is feeling better. We just had another round of fever/illness here too (still coughing). From one thing to the next, no? LOVE that Matthew seems to still LOVE his Ergo (or at least I think that looks like an Ergo or some kind of baby carrier). Little D does too.

Happy (belated) Mother's Day to you! I agree...this year was wonderful for us new mommies!

Tina said...

yes I am glad to check in on your update. I have been off the blogs for a while since i was so busy. but now more time since I am not working most of the summer. Matthew is growing so fast. We too talk about a second adoption. IF the cost was not so much we would be signing up today. I won't give up and will continue to also pray about it.

BrandiB said...

Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Praying for your adoption #2 :-)