I had such a good time at the 5k race last night! I was so nervous before (like I always am) wondering if I would be able to finish. As soon as we started though, I knew I felt good. Running (for me) is strange like that - I can tell pretty quickly if it is going to be a good run or a really rough run. Last night was great! I felt strong the whole time and was able to finish in a time of 32 minutes and 19 seconds - my best time ever!
I am hoping this summer to be able to get faster and to be able to run a 5k in under 30 minutes. I was excited to see the results today and to find out that I finished 16th out of 21 runners in my age group - I think I have always been last until this race! I felt so proud of myself and I am so excited to keep running and training.
I love having running buddies, and my friend Kristy ran her first 5k last night with me! She swore I'd never get her running...

I think she's hooked, just like me!

9 comments:
Way to go!!!
Cool. Great job!
Wahoo! Congratulations!!! Isn't it addictive? :)
Sounds like a lot of fun! I get nervous before races too, but as soon as we start running I forget about it!
Congratulations, what a great time and I love the picture! Glad you had such a good race. I really need to get back to running again.
awesome job!
So glad you had fun! Did you see my sister, she was there. :-)
YAY! :)
Good job girls!!
Post a Comment