Being a family of three is wonderful and we are so happy to have started our little family. On my mind these days is the when and the how of becoming a family of four. Adoption is amazing, but there are some parts of it that I find hard and sometimes discouraging. Why does it have to take so long and why does it have to cost so much?
Is it worth it all? OF COURSE! Are we super excited to begin the process again? Without a doubt! I just wish sometimes that it wasn't such a long process.
Here's where we're at right now in thinking about number 2 (no big announcement yet, I'm afraid):
1. We want to adopt again.
2. We have decided on a country...we think!
3. We have to wait until Matthew has been home a year for our homestudy to be sent and for us to be "on the list" again - which puts us at September.
4. We will hopefully start our next adoption sometime this year.
5. We have been paying off debts and saving so that we can start again.
6. Selling the motorcycle will help the process along and will mean that we can start several months sooner...please pray that it sells!
7. We are open to either a boy or a girl...but I'm kind of thinking a little brother for Matthew would be so fun!
8. As with Matthew we are open to some special needs and are considering and praying about what we may be open to in terms of medical concerns.
9. We only have 2 bedrooms so we are discussing creative ways to make things work with two little ones :)
10. We are trusting God and know that He is in control of it all, and that even if it takes a while we will one day nod our heads and say that it was worth it all! Just like we did with Matthew!
I hope one day to have more details to share...but for now that's where we're at!


18 comments:
Exciting thoughts! Can't wait for an official announcement in a few months. :)
Sounds exciting! I guess I had just assumed you would be going through Korea again. Can't wait to hear your plans!
Wonderful! Love that you're thinking about the future :)
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! i'm so excited right now!
awesome. awesome. awesome! Can't wait to hear all about your next journey!
So excited for you to begin the journey again! I can't wait until we can plan for #2!
Praying for you in regards to these big decisions Rachel!
Prayers for timing. So exciting!
Isn't it exciting thinking about adding to your family? I'm sure it's daunting also. Like you said, the money and time are SO worth it, but it's still very difficult at the same time. I can't wait to continue following your story to see what's next for your family. :)
I can't wait to see what God has in store for your family!
wooohooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):)
Exciting stuff! That picture of the 3 of you is the BEST!
So happy to hear you will be adding another little one to your family!
Yeah!!! I like the idea of brothers, but I always wanted an older brother to watch out for me, so maybe a little girl could be fun too!!!
AWESOME!!!!!
I cannot wait to hear your plans! Good luck!
Cool. Thanks for sharing...looking forward to learning more. :-)
What country?
Post a Comment