Our families very generously got Matthew a sandbox to celebrate his adoption being finalized! We were so surprised and excited when they brought it out at the party. We had to wait all weekend to go out and play in it since it kept raining, but finally it came...
Matthew was introduced to the sandbox!
Now, being the cautious little boy that he is, Matthew was a little uncertain about this sand business. He let Daddy put him down for a couple of seconds (long enough for me to get a picture) but promptly was asking for "up...up...UP!"

He was not too sure about it when I took him out to play in it again yesterday. He just kept looking at his feet as if he was thinking, "What in the world is this???"
But after only a couple of minutes...
He figured out that being in the sandbox is so much fun!
This last picture cracked me up - for some reason, he always had to keep one arm far away from the sand! Can't be getting dirty all over, I guess! I have 3 or 4 pictures with him holding his arm up like this :)

I also wanted to tell you about a great giveaway going on over at Our Adoption Journey, a blog following Kala's journey to her little boy, Matthew, who is being adopted from Korea :) I am so excited to see her waiting come to an end - and soon, hopefully! She is giving away some lovely children's books about adoption, so hop over to her blog and enter to win!



7 comments:
Such cute photos, and I'm glad he likes the sandbox now. What a great gift from your families. :)
So cute! Love his little toes in the sand!
how can you not love cute little baby chubby ankles? not so cute on me, but looks great on Matthew.
I love how he's daintily holding up the one arm! Maybe I need some sand therapy - I don't like it either!
Hey Rach, I meant to attach this to your running update but wasn't sure you'd check it now. Here is a funny running link that you should check out:
http://runningtimes.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=15707
Let me know what you think! And keep up the running!
Very sweet pictures of the sandbox!
I love all the firsts! Isn't it so fun to watch them explore something new and learn to love it?!
Post a Comment