Saturday, May 22, 2010

Let's Try This Again

For the last little while when I checked my blog, all I could think was "ick" when my new design came up. So I thought I'd try to make it a little more "me" - I think I have achieved it! Only time will tell I guess :)

It's been a fun and busy week around here. Matthew has been learning new things that just keep me smiling. One of my favorites is that he has learned to say "Cheese!" and he seems to recognize that he needs to smile and look at me while saying it. Check out this "cheese"!!!!!

His new "cheese" knowledge comes in handy for getting good photos! I love this photo of Matthew with his grandpa and cousin Ben. We had a picnic with Grandma and Grandpa this week when I was going crazy from being stuck in the house. It was the perfect weather and we were so happy to go and play with cousins Ben and Emma for a while!


We are spending more and more time outside these days as Matthew is finally learning how to navigate grass! He will finally let us put him down in the grass and he is happy to walk around the yard now. We love playing in the sandbox, although I had to convince him several times that sand is not actually for eating! Can you see that he is thinking very hard about if this is just a giant spoon???

I've been running up a storm this week and am so happy that my knees aren't giving me any trouble. I even tackled some hills this week (and felt it the next day!). I am hoping to do another 5k in June and hope to be able to beat my time. It's been a fun week and now I am off to make some packing lists for our quickly approaching vacation to North Carolina!!!!

8 comments:

Jill said...

LOVE his sweet "Cheese" smile, and his little crossed legs in the sandbox too! Nothing short of adorable!!!

Jenny said...

i love the look! and i love outside time!!!! matthew's so cute in his sandbox!

Stacy said...

I love the new look! (and the quote:) Matthew takes great pictures! We can't wait for Jackson to start interacting with the camera better!

Karen said...

Love the new design! Matthew is just so cute...I can almost hear him saying cheese!

Kala said...

I love the new blog design and of course the pictures :D

Rachel said...

I like the new look. Blue is so you! :)

Barry/ Amy said...

Love the cheese pic!!! Love your new blog look too!!!

Leah said...

The new blog layout looks great. And I love the cheese picture. Hee hee. :) You have one happy guy on your hands. :)