Whew - it has been a wonderful but full week around here! My mom arrived on Monday and was able to stay with us for four days! It was so great to have her here and Matthew was so excited to get up in the morning and find that Nana was still here! It is hard living apart from family but I'm so thankful that we can visit often.
Our exciting news this week...we have our court date!!! I'm not sure how it works with every country, but when adopting from Korea you have to have several post-placement visits and your child must be home at least 6 months before your adoption is finalized. We will be going to court on April 30th and at long last, Matthew will be legally and officially ours! It is really just a formality as all of the paperwork is done ahead of time and our social worker said we are good to go. This will be a very special day as Matthew will become part of our family forever and will also become a US citizen. We cannot wait!
Life at the moment is just so, so good. I sometimes feel like I must be dreaming - it really can't be this good. I can't be this happy. But I'm not - this truly is my life! I feel so blessed. Matthew is showing us every day that he is attached and adjusted to life with us, and that makes our hearts so happy. The smiles and laughter have been so much more frequent these last few weeks and we just love it! He is sleeping through the night again (finally - it took a while to get back to that after all the sickness and I started to wonder if I'd still be getting up in the night with him when he was 18!). He brings so much joy to our lives and we are so thankful that he is here with us.

11 comments:
Exciting milestone! Happy court date!
Excited for your court date! Love the pic with the big smile. :)
I am glad to hear he is getting back into a routine! Finalization will be so exciting!
congrats!!! Can't wait until it is our turn to finalize.
DOING A HAPPY DANCE AROUND MY DINING ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yay! that's wonderful news!!!
YAYAYA :)
Ohhh!! That picture is so sweet! I love the close up of those sweet eyes.
What a great happy post. :)
Congrats on a court date! YAY!
I'm so happy that things are going well. Sometimes when we experience so much adversity in our lives, we just expect things to not go smoothly, so when they do, we have to pinch ourselves.
I'm so happy that Matthew is your son. It's amazing how perfect he is for your family. And soon, he'll be an American citizen!
So exciting! :-D
Great pic and congrats on your finalization date! :) CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats!!! So excited for you guys!
Post a Comment