Thursday, April 29, 2010

Almost Officially Ours!


Sometimes I still catch myself looking at him, staring at his beautiful face in wonder, and my heart does this funny little thing as I realize once again...I get to be his mom. This precious boy is mine! There are moments when truly life seems too good to be true.

Tomorrow is our court date and then...it's official! We are so excited about this event and are looking forward to sharing this special day with family and friends. My parents are on their way here as we speak, and my parents, sisters, and most of my family-in-law are going to be able to join us at court tomorrow. Yey!

We are also having about 35 friends and family members over for a party tomorrow night!!! Today has been a busy day and I'm sure tomorrow will be even busier, but I am {surprisingly} not stressed out at all! I am just looking forward to a fun celebration. Only one more sleep!

13 comments:

Elizabeth Frick said...

wahoo!!! congrats in advance!

Kristin said...

Hope you have an amazing party. Celebrate God's goodness!

Karen said...

Yeah!! Have a wonderful day and congratulations on your forever family!!!

Jenny said...

WOOOOOHOO! that's so exciting!

Amanda said...

Wish we could be there today but will definatley be thinking and praising God this afternoon. You know we are there in spirit. Cant wait to celebrate tonight!!!

Leah said...

What a wonderful thing to celebrate. I'll be thinking of you as you're in court. Judges must love the happy cases they get to preside over. :)

Barry/ Amy said...

Congrats to all three of you and all of your extended family and friends!!! Today will be a great day with lots of sunshine shining down on you!! Enjoy the day and we will most certainly be thinking of you!!!

BrandiB said...

Congrats! Sounds like a great day of celebration!

K&M said...

May your day be memorable! What a joyous memory you will have to share with Matthew in the years to come!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooooo happy for you! Celebrating in your gift, a son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Congrats on this very special day! Hope it's filled with love and joy!

Tina said...

Oh my Goodness ! You are probably celebrating at this moment! Congratulations on your court date :)

Britt said...

Wow - How wonderfuly exciting!!

Janet said...

I'm a tad late here...but congratulations. Be sure to post photos from what sounds like a good party. Such a WONDERFUL thing to celebrate!