If you only saw our pictures from our family Christmas last Saturday, you would think it was a pretty laid back, relaxing kind of day. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately), the pictures don't tell the whole story. Somehow we did not capture the little boy who was not feeling well, who cried and was unhappy and wouldn't eat and who melted down in a big way a few times. We (thankfully) also did not capture the momma who was pretty stressed out by this and who was a bit disappointed that Matthew's first Christmas with us was not exactly how I'd pictured it...to say the least.
BUT...
When I look back at these pictures, I smile. Because despite all of those things, my boy is here with me. He was cranky, but he was in my arms! He was sad, but I got to comfort him! And we got to spend the day with my family, laughing and making memories and celebrating the birth of our Savior! So really, even though it didn't go as planned...it was wonderful.
Nana and Papa had so much fun spending time with Matthew!

Christmas kisses
Of course our traditional Christmas dinner,
complete with paper hats (it's a British thing!)
Matthew woke up from his nap and probably
wondered what in the world was going on!
We didn't want him to feel left out...
I am so thankful for the time I got to spend with my family.
There really is nothing like being together!







6 comments:
Yeah! for your first Christmas together. Oh and we do the paper hat and crackers thing as well! :)
Looks like a great time. And your little boy keeps getting cuter and cuter. :-D
Merry Christmas to you!!! Enjoy it this year-- you have much to celebrate!!!
Hope to see you soon and meet Matthew.
poor guy! still looks like a great time though!
Poor baby! I think we are headed for a cranky baby Christmas here too. Alexis has been boogery and super crank. So glad you got to celebrate with your family!
What a cutie in his jammies and paper hat! :)
Post a Comment