Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Being "The One"

Have you ever been holding a baby or child who is crying and crying, and then their mom comes over, picks them up, and they stop? I always wanted to be that to someone. And now, I am!

I love that when he sees me, he reaches his little arms up to me and wants me.

It is an amazing feeling to be able to stop a child's tears (not every time, mind you!) just by holding him close and being with him. To be able to comfort him and take away his sadness...just because I'm his mom. It fills my heart up like I never knew was possible.

I love that I'm the one he wants.


Want to know a secret? He's the one I want, too!


9 comments:

Leah said...

I've also always wanted to be that one. It must feel great to have that. :-D

Elizabeth Frick said...

LOVE this.

Rach@In His Hands said...

This made me smile BIG!

Kristy said...

All that cuteness in that picture is enough to make me weep... ok, well not weep really, but I love it for sure!!

Kala said...

I love the post! I'm glad you get to be his one!!!

kelly said...

Such a sweet sentiment! You are that one!

Janet said...

Awe...I agree. Being "the one" is the best feeling. Yay!! So glad you are his "one."

Karen said...

Rachel this made me tear up! I am so happy for you! What a wonderful feeling!

Barry/ Amy said...

Rachel so happy you are "the one"-- it is the best feeling ever!!!!!!!!!
Have a great holiday with "the one"!!!