Friday, December 04, 2009

Momma Said There'd Be Days Like This

This was Matthew on Monday. Sad, sad little boy.

And he's found his scream.


So far, Matthew has generally been a pretty happy and mellow baby. This week, though, not so much. I'm finding out that the hardest part about when he is sad is that sometimes, it is really hard to figure out why he is sad/mad/frustrated! Is it teeth? Is he not feeling well? Is it something else? Is he just grumpy? I mean, that happens to me sometimes! I hate when I can't figure it out and make it better. I have discovered though that the bathtub pretty much fixes any crankiness, so I'm keeping that one in my back pocket to use as needed!

Thankfully, today he is a much happier boy!


(Gotta love his gangsta pant leg and the drool on my shirt!
Ah, yes, we have captured real life!)

6 comments:

Elizabeth Frick said...

Here's to turning the day around!!! :)

Rachelle said...

Oh the cranky days... they are no fun, but they do make me SOOO hppy for the happy days!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I can so relate to how frustrating it is before they can communicate to you what they need/want. :( What a journey this parenting thing is huh??

Kala said...

lol.. I love the pics!

Britt said...

:o) - soo cute!

Janet said...

We've started to see some crankiness/fussiness lately too...not a lot, but now & then. I wonder if our little guys are going through similar stages. We've had some wake-up-at-night crying (hard!) too...which is new...and I hope it doesn't last too long.