Monday, March 02, 2009

The Year of the Scarf Carnival!!!!


Apparently I am very excited about this bloggy carnival and about scarves in general. A few days ago, I pointed out a little girl who was wearing a scarf and my husband, Brad, sighed and said, "I know, I know...it's the year of the scarf!"

I was a little skeptical at first, wondering if this would require good taste or fashion sense. But it turns out this is one fashion trend that even I can be part of!

I really just started my scarf collection, so I only have 3 to show you.

Scarf #1 - My dear friend, Denise, gave me this scarf when I was having a bad week. I was definitely cheered up by this!

This is a fabulous scarf that I got at TJ Max for $5 or $6. I like it because it has a bunch of different colors in it so I can wear it with lots of different shirts (well, in theory anyway - in real life I have only worn it with this shirt!)

This is a scarf that I knitted a couple of years ago. I love it but unfortunately the yarn is pretty itchy so I can't wear it for long periods of time. Why would anyone make itchy yarn? How is that useful???

Thanks for stopping by! And a big thank you to Rachel for hosting this bloggy carnival!

12 comments:

Kristy said...

When I saw you wearing your scarf yesterday at church I was just in awe... You know how to Rock It when you want to! Very snazzy...

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

LOVE them! :) I especially love the black and white one - so classy! :)

Beverlydru said...

I love your comment that "in real life I only wear it wuth this." LOL. I like all your scarves. Too bad this isn't a scarf exchange - maybe next time. I have an itchy scarf that I only wear with my coat. It brightens up the outside and doesn't bother my neck. Thanks for stopping by!

April - Team Tottle said...

I love the multicolored one in the second pic! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

April

JenD said...

love the black and cream one with the cream sweater!!! so cute. thanks for stopping by...

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Cute carves, I love the 3rd one. The pretty ones are always itchy:}

Rach@In His Hands said...

SOOOOOOOOO adorable! I love all three!

I wish I could knit well. I've tried before and just haven't stuck with it. You are talented!

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

wow...gorgeous scarves! all of them!

Jeff and Valerie Carr said...

Great scarves!

Jackie said...

Your hubby's comment just cracked me up...sighing and saying..."Yeah, I know...Year of the Scarf!"

You look fabulous - I love all of them, but I think the one on the top is my fave. I like the way you tied that one...I need some practice with that.

Rachel said...

I love your scarfs! So glad you joined in the fun!

Are we still a go for Friday?

Jaclyn said...

Cute scarves! I love the one you got at TJ Maxx...great deal!