Monday, March 23, 2009

My In-Law Blessings

I am so very blessed to have a family who loves me. When we are together, all is right with the world. We can laugh together and cry together, and I always know I can just be myself.

I am also blessed to have a wonderful "in-law" family. You always hear horror stories about mother-in-laws and the difficult relationships they sometimes have with the woman their son marries. I'm so thankful to say that none of that applies to my relationship with my mother-in-law, or with the rest of my "in-law" family. Yesterday we were able to get together and celebrate my mom-in-law's birthday, and I was reminded once again how truly blessed I am. It was good just to be together.

1 comments:

Jayme said...

I too, am thankful for my husband's family. They treat me as if I was their own. It's great to hear that I am not the only one! I feel sorry when I hear the troubles that some have with their in-laws. I mean, we all have our up's and down's but I am very thankful for them and their relationship and am very blessed.