Brad and I have been going back and forth since we started the adoption about if we should travel or not (we could choose to have our child escorted and pick them up at the airport).
At the beginning, I was very much in favor of traveling. In fact, I didn't even give the escorting idea any thought - I just assumed we would travel. The more we talked about it, though, the more scared I got. You see, I often (more like always) get sick when I travel. I think it's because I am anxious and worried that I will get sick, and so I do get sick. I have done quite a lot of traveling, and have been to England, Guatemala, Uganda, Mexico...but the thought of being sick and caring for a baby seemed pretty overwhelming to me. So, we settled on the idea of having our child escorted.
I have decided that I do not want my fears to make me miss out on anything in life. And I really, really, don't want to miss out on this. I know that the Lord has always been faithful in the past. He has helped me to not be anxious, to do things I was very afraid of, and to handle it when I am sick. I know He will not fail me.
When I approached Brad about my change of heart, he told me that I could submit my proposal and he'd think about it! He was kidding...sort of...but I have decided to put together a list of all the reasons why I think we should travel :) If he truly feels it is best for us to have our child escorted, then I will trust him in this and hope that at some point we will get to see where our child is born.
But I must say...I hope my proposal is approved!


4 comments:
I say GO for it!!! :-) Say a big prayer and then head off for what will be the trip of a lifetime......Seeing your child's country and culture. Talking one-on-one with your baby's foster Mom/family. Being able to thank everyone who cared for your child!
Whichever you decide, your baby will be with you!!!
Haha, I love that proposal submitting! I am sure the right decision will be made! Either way it will be an AMAZING time!
This is something I've thought a lot about, and from what I've found, I agree that just seeing and experiencing the culture from where your child is coming is so important to understanding who they are and completely enjoying the experience. I'm praying for you guys!
It's so exciting Rachel!
I love hearing your thoughts and progress...
Post a Comment