I am starting to really like the 19th of each month, because each "19th" is a milestone for us. As of today we have been on the waiting list for 7 months! It really is exciting how quickly time seems to be going and I hope that it won't seem like much longer until that amazing day comes when we receive "the call" about our referral.
To celebrate, I picked up a little something for our baby. You really can't go wrong with a rubber duckie! I find it so encouraging to have little baby things around the house as a reminder that the day is coming!!!!

Something interesting I've learned about Korea: On the right is a picture of a podaegi. This is a Korean blanket or carrier that mother's use to carry around their children. Apparently, when our child comes home, this is how they will be accustomed to "traveling".
Next week I am planning our first Korean meal (with a recipe stolen borrowed from another Rachel who is adopting from South Korea - thanks, Rach!) and I am so looking forward to learning more about the beautiful culture and people of South Korea. Wish me luck - I have a hard enough time getting American recipes to turn out right!!!


3 comments:
Yay for 7 months! Yes, your day will come!!!!
I hope you enjoy the recipe....just the thought of it is making me so hungry. :-)
You are getting closer everyday! The duck is great and you definitely can't go wrong with that! You have to get one of those baby carrying things! And I think it is really cool that you are making a Korean meal, good luck!
I am sure your Korean Meal will turn ourt Great! Just make sure you have all the ingredients, I don't think I will be able to help you out if you don't! :)
Post a Comment