It is hard to believe that just over two months ago we stepped off the plane after a looooong trip home from China with our beautiful daughter! The time has gone by so quickly and Hannah's adjustment to our family (and us to her!) has gone so much more smoothly than I had anticipated. When I think of the changes she has been through in the last two months and how well she has done, I am amazed. God has answered countless prayers, big and small, and we are so thankful that she is ours!
It is funny to think of the words I would have used to describe Hannah when we first met her...
...quiet
...content
...calm
...good sleeper (HA!)
This little sweetie is coming alive! Now the words I would use to describe her are...
...active!
...BUSY!
...curious
...energetic
She is on the move from the moment she wakes up until the moment she falls asleep! It is amazing to see the strength in her little body now. She crawls like a champ. She can pull up to standing almost anywhere. She walks along the furniture and still does her adorable little bum scoot when she's in a hurry to get somewhere. She looks out the front window and yells at cars while waving at them as they go by. She gets mad when she can't have her way. She frantically signs "tub" every night after dinner (and every time we get near the bathroom!). She is an absolute delight!
The only difficult aspect has been sleep, but it seems we are making headway in this area as well. I was starting to feel a bit like a zombie from all the wake-ups but the last two nights have been just wonderful, with only one or two brief crying spells that stop immediately when I pick her up. I'm so thankful that she is finding more and more comfort in our arms. We certainly love holding her! Nearly every time I go out with all three I get the comment, "You sure have your hands full!". True enough - and I'm so thankful!

2 comments:
I love her and I Haven't even met her! She is sooo stinking cute! I don't even know how you wake up every morning and stay in your skin! (sometimes when I'm excited I feel like I'll shake right out of my skin) Prayers have been answered for sure!!!!
I agree with Britt - I'm totally in love with that little ball of wonderful and I haven't met her yet either. The Hunt Family of Five makes me so happy. So.Happy.
Post a Comment