Little Miss Hannah had a big day - and an early start! We left the house around 5:45am this morning (ouch!) and headed to the nearby children's hospital. Hannah was scheduled to have an ABR (Auditory Brainstem Response) which is a type of hearing test. She had to be sedated for the test and even though this is our fifth time having one of our kids sedated I still woke up with butterflies.
Thankfully, Hannah was a total rock star and everything went just fine! She didn't cry at all during the check-in stuff (usually she screams!) and she did well waking up as well.
Just a couple of pictures of our little peanut before the test:
Even though she had had some "happy medicine" she started to cry as they carried her away. Thankfully she was loopy enough that sticking her blanket in her hands was enough to calm her down. I wish someone had stuck a blankie in my hands, too! I hate the hand-off. Still, Brad and I enjoy a very short date in the nearby cafeteria before heading back to see our girlie. Everything went great and we learned that she does in fact having at least one working cochlea/nerve (the audiologist said that with Microtia she has not seen a patient have just one working cochlea so Hannah should be fine on both sides) and she will be getting set up with a BAHA (bone anchored hearing aid) soon! I'm so excited to get my little girl hearing. I only hope she doesn't throw up the first time we put it on her like Nathan did... :)

2 comments:
Such wonderful news that she will soon be hearing. I can only imagine how hard it was to pass her off. Love that you had a "date" in the cafeteria. Can totally relate ;)
It's so much better when it is all done! And glad you have good news!!
PS - I loved your comment on my last post. Thank you for your support and congrats to you too!! I would love it if we lived closer to each other. I know we would have such fun!
Post a Comment