Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I Hate Coming Up With Titles For Blog Posts

It's been a pretty good week around here so far.  Well, except for the super grouchy Mommy that has emerged due to the lack of sleep.  I have really struggled with having patience with the kids and with not being annoyed with just about everything and I know it is just because I'm tired.  Still, as I often tell the kids, being sick or tired does not mean you get to be unkind.  I seem to be having a hard time learning that lesson and I'm thankful for the grace that God (and my family) continues to show me. 

Things that help the grouchiness...

1.  Leaving the house!  We took a trip to the park one day after Brad got home from work and it was just what I needed.  The boys have SO much energy and it is sometimes hard to make sure they get enough opportunities to burn it up!  Hannah was super happy to ride on Daddy's back :)


Matthew loves riding his tricycle and is ready for a big boy bike.  It is crazy to see how much he has grown from last summer.  He's not a baby anymore - at all!


Nathan loves riding on this scooter that used to be my little sister's!  He's really getting the hang of it and can get going pretty fast.


Love these boys!



2.  Something else that makes me happy - teaching the boys how to do chores!  We make the kids pick up toys, put clothes away, that kind of stuff, but they are getting old enough to really start helping with things and I am for sure going to take advantage of that!  They both took a turn and vacuumed the living room very well.  Love it!


3.  I love bringing out old (new to them) toys and seeing how excited they are!  This is a toy that my sisters and I all loved and I'm so glad my parents saved it.  We brought it out a while ago but the boys weren't old enough for it yet - it turned out to just be work for Brad and I!  This time though, we showed them what to do and they went to town!  Matthew build a cart all by himself and was so excited.  Such a great toy!


4.  Little boys in pajamas - favorite!  The boys love playing games and watching things on the Ipad.  Sometimes a little bit of silence is just beautiful :)  Nathan just might be the loudest kid I've ever met.  He's enthusiastic about life, that's for sure!


5.  Smiles from this little one always make me happy.  We continue to struggle with sleep (I am really hoping its just teething and that we'll be doing better soon) but the days just go so well.  Sometimes Hannah is still very clingy but she is happy and adorable and doing so well.  She had her first physical therapy session yesterday and we have some good exercises to work on to keep building up those muscles!


On Friday, Hannah will be having a sedated ABR (Auditory Brainstem Response) at a nearby children's hospital.  I hate it when my kids have to be put under :(  But it will give our audiologist more information and checks out the hearing nerve pathways from the ear to the brainstem.  After this is completed we hope she will be fitted with a BAHA (bone anchored hearing aid that will be worn on a soft headband) which should improve her hearing into the normal range!  

1 comments:

Brittany said...

What is it about little boys in pajamas? My 18mo transitioned from footies to the shirt/pants, and every single time I see him, I think to myself "he is just too cute!" We'll be praying for the procedure this week.