Monday, October 08, 2012

Random Ramblings

We've been home for over two weeks now and let me just say, jet lag seriously kicked my behind coming this way.  Going to Korea was not bad; coming home was really rough.  This makes me pretty nervous about traveling to China and returning home as the mother of three children.

Still, I've been reminded over and over recently that God supplies the grace when we need it, so that's enough worrying about that.  He'll take care of it when the time comes.

I've managed to pick up some kind of bug, seems to be a cold and a sinus infection.  My head feels like it might explode soon!  After three days of antibiotics I thought I'd been feeling better, but today I started feeling worse instead.

On the bright side, though...my boys both slept until 7:45am today!  That is a new record; I don't know if they have both ever done that before at the same time!!!

I told you this would be random.

One of the only things I don't like about being a stay-at-home mom is that there are no sick days.  Like, ever.  Little kids don't seem to get that when Mommy isn't feeling well she wants to just lie on the couch; they still want you to play and get them stuff and hold them.  Sometimes I really just want to take a sick day!

Instead of taking a sick day, I have tried to get some activities ready for the boys for tomorrow so that hopefully I can just lay low.  They are easily entertained by things like cutting up paper into tiny little pieces and dumping rice from one bowl into another so I know that they'll be excited about that tomorrow.

The boys are doing well and have settled back into "normal life" fairly well after us being away for two weeks.  Nathan has had some struggles that seem to be to be very adoption related.  I started a post on this yesterday - we'll see if it ever gets finished or published.  I feel like such a beginner at all this parenting stuff so I find it kind of hard to share my thoughts or opinions about it all.  But it's something I've been thinking about a lot.

For now...cold medicine is calling and hopefully I'll be heading to bed very soon!  Please, oh please, little children...sleep late tomorrow!!!!

0 comments: