Brad and I spent the first three days of our Korea trip in Seoul. We knew we wanted to go early (before beginning the tour that we won) so that we could meet the boys' foster families. It worked out well and we really enjoyed having a few days on our own to explore Seoul.
What an amazing city! Seoul has over 10 million people in it, and apparently the "greater Seoul area" has over 25 million people! It's hard to get my head around those numbers. The city is amazingly clean, felt so safe to us, and was easy to navigate. There was a lot of English, and many people speak English. We found people to be friendly and helpful and we loved every minute of our time in Seoul.
We stayed at the Somerset hotel and it was fabulous! We would stay there again in a heartbeat. It came highly recommended by many adoptive families and even though it cost a lot more than any hotel we've ever stayed at here, it was worth it to be somewhere we knew was safe and clean. It had a great location, and the staff was amazing. They helped us so much when we had our "typhoon incident" and weren't sure if we were going to be able to fly to Jeju Island or not.
Our favorite thing to do in Seoul was to walk around the markets. We went to three different areas and loved all of them! The shopping was so fun, but also just the energy, the people, the food...the smells! Well, some of these weren't my favorite, but still, it was an experience for sure!
For the most part we managed really well with getting what we wanted/needed...except for one time when I accidentally got three smoothies instead of two and Brad was convinced that everyone was thinking, "Look at that big white guy with two smoothies!". At least they were really yummy...
We really hope we get to go back to Korea one day (to take the boys) and we will definitely spend some time in Seoul again. I told Brad that I felt like if we adopt from Korea again in the future I could even travel there by myself to bring home our child, that's how easy and safe it felt.
Three days was not enough! I can't wait to be back to Seoul!

2 comments:
"Look at the big white guy with two smoothies" is now my favorite phrase. I think this has surpassed "Yous guys". :)
hahaha 3 smoothies!!!
Post a Comment