Monday, October 15, 2012

Oh Happy Day: Hannah Update!!!

Sometimes God answers such specific prayers, it blows my socks off!

On Friday, I was talking with another adoptive mama about how detached I feel this time around.  We have two pictures of Hannah from when she was five months old, and as time goes on, I find that I am just not feeling very much at all because it doesn't feel very real.  On the way home from my friend's house, I was talking to God about this and I asked Him to please, please let us get our update on Monday because it was time for me to feel more, care more, pray more for our daughter.  I don't want to be detached anymore, even if it makes my heart hurt more.

My hand went to my mouth and I gasped as I opened my email this afternoon and saw our case worker's name in my inbox with the subject: UPDATE!!

I opened it to find the sweetest little pictures of our beautiful girl!



I mean, really, could she be any more precious?  She looks so different from the last pictures we have!  I love her hair, her sweet little lips, her feet (which if the update is correct are almost the same size as Matthew's!!)...I love everything about her!

We also got a two-page update (which I have read no less than 100 times already!).  A few highlights:

*  Wonderful news - Hannah has been with a foster family and not in an orphanage since birth like we believed!  We are so thankful for this and to know that she is being cared for by a family.

*  She weighs 17.6 pounds (at 14 months old)

*  She has 8 teeth

*  She is introverted, timid, afraid of strangers

*  She loves all kinds of toys and likes being cuddled outside to play :)

*  She sleeps well with adults (uh-oh!  looks like lots more co-sleeping is in our future!!!)

*  She is saying some words and can follow adults orders (which is amazing - we had no idea if she even had any hearing!!!)

*  She can sit freely, turn over, stand for a while with holding

*  When she is crying, she can calm down by giving her snacks (this one made me laugh - she will fit right in around here!!)

*  She likes to eat porridge, eggs, meat soup, bananas, and has a good appetite


I can't explain it, but it is just so good to know more about her.  It does make my heart hurt, and the waiting harder, but I'm so thankful to know.  I hope and pray that in less than five months she will be home with us!!!!!  That is really not long...but tonight, I feel like I can't wait another minute!


4 comments:

Barry/ Amy said...

WOOHOOO for updates!!!! So happy for you!!!!!

Yvonne said...

She's so cute! Knowing more about your child is always a wonderful thing - I remember with our children that an update helped, made our children seem more real to us, but also made me ready to get on the plane and just go already! So glad your prayer was answered!!

Britt said...

She looks like a cute little pumpkin!!!

Cara said...

What a precious girl!