Monday, October 22, 2012

Fun Fall Memories!

It's a beautiful day in our corner of the world!  The boys have transitioned down to no naps (boo!) but honestly I am finding this really opens up the day and seems to give us a ton more time to do fun things.  Today after lunch we made some colored rice, and the boys have been happily playing with it for over an hour!



Every Fall I look forward to our trip to the local apple orchard, and yesterday we had absolutely perfect weather so we decided to spend the afternoon outside.  My sister and a friend joined us and it was just lovely!

Nathan's favorite part - the goats!


Matthew's favorite part - his very first pony ride!  I thought he would be scared but when I said I'd be just behind the rope waiting with Daddy he shouted, "Alright, Mom!" and then he was off with a big smile on his face!



After all this excitement we snagged a table and enjoyed some apples and freshly made donuts.  Yum!  I made Matthew some homemade donuts and he and Nathan both devoured those.  Then the kids all ran around like crazy with a sugar high :)


Then we attempted a family picture...which is always fun with two toddlers!


We got some apple cider to bring home and Nathan insisted on carrying it!


Brad and I have been going to this same apple orchard since before we had kids and every year I find myself thinking about past years and marveling at how our lives have changed in the last few years.  It's hard to believe next year there will be another little one running around, too!


0 comments: