Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Summer Fun

This summer is just flying by!  I can hardly believe it is August already.  It has truly been a wonderful summer.  No sickness, boys who are sleeping well, lots of family fun...so much goodness.

Hannah's birthday came and went, and it was a surprisingly good day :)  I expected to be quite down in the dumps but when the day actually arrived I just felt so much thankfulness to know that this would be her last birthday without a family.  We talked about Hannah a lot, had a special family dinner complete with cake and ice cream, and prayed for our sweet girl to be home soon!


We made our first trip of the summer to the beach - we'd been avoiding it because of Matthew's itchy issues, but he has been doing so well that once a cooler day came along we decided to give it a try.  We headed to Lake Michigan and had a blast!  We didn't stay out long but the boys just loved it.



I just love those sweet faces so much!!!

0 comments: