We've been having lots of fun trying out new crafts and activities lately. Disclaimer: please don't think I am crafty, or that I'm a super great mom who always does fun stuff with my kids :) It is easy to make myself look like that on the blog but in real life I struggle to do meaningful or purposeful activities. Once in a while I feel like life is under control enough that we can be a little creative :) This was one of those days!
I found this great idea on this blog that I was recently reading and knew instantly that it would be a big hit with my boys. Plus, it was really simple, which made it a big hit with me!
We took some uncooked noodles, put them in a bag with some rubbing alcohol and food coloring (one bag with orange, one bag with green, and another bag with purple), shook them up, laid them out in the sun to dry, and voila!
A big bowl of colorful noodles for the boys to scoop, pour, and sort! I don't know why these types of activities are so fun, but they just are! The boys have played with them over and over and have had lots of fun together.
Next I think we will try stringing some to make noodle necklaces! I love great, simple ideas!

2 comments:
I'm pretty sure I would have fun sorting them too!!!
Love the noodles! That dyeing process works great with rice, too. More scooping fun!
Post a Comment