Thursday, August 30, 2012

I-800a Approval!

I prayed today that we would receive our I-800a approval, and felt the disappointment when I opened the mailbox and realized it hadn't come, though I trusted that things are going along in His time, if not in mine.

Imagine my surprise when I checked my email this afternoon and had an email from our agency - the approval letter had been sent to them (apparently a copy is sent to us and to them) and it arrived today!

They will be sending it to be certified and authenticated, which sounds like it will take a couple of weeks, and then at long last we will be DTC:

DOSSIER TO CHINA!

This is a huge step and means we will be beginning our wait for LOA (Letter of Acceptance) which is basically China saying officially that they approve us to adopt Hannah!  After LOA I believe it is a couple more months until travel.  The wait for LOA can be anywhere from 30-100 days...will you pray with us for a quick LOA??? 

"...with God all things are possible." (Matt 19:26)

We know it, we've seen it, we believe it, and we are trusting in Him!

One step closer to our girl :)

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy dance!!!

Stacy said...

So exciting!!!!

Barry/ Amy said...

Whoot whoot!!!!

Karen said...

Congratulations!
When will you be in Korea? I am going in October. I am guessing we will miss each other. Are you on FB?

Jolene said...

Congrats! Hope your next step is quick!

The Fuzhou* you are referring to is actually 6.5 hours from where our son is. He is in Fujian* Province but actually from Jinjiang*. They do the finalization in Fuzhou*.

By the way, we're from SW Mich!